We Need YouReady for the next step in your career? Email your resume to email@example.com
- Represent Widespread’s products, beginning with a deep and comprehensive understanding of our full line of industrial supply offerings, followed by consumer research, in order to identify how they may assist our customers in achieving their overall needs.
- Generate leads and build and maintain successful working relationships through independently planning and organizing your daily work schedule and calling on existing and/or potential customers.
- Develop and implement a personal sales plan and adjust sales techniques as needed based on interactions and results in the field.
- Achieve profitable sales growth and meet assigned sales targets.
Primary Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Maintain relationship development with existing customers through proactive sales activities,strategic questioning, problem solving, etc. to ensure exceptional service and identification of new sales opportunities.
- Identify prospects, using a variety of methods like LinkedIn, referrals and cold calling. Then, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls and necessary follow-ups, and close new business.
- Possess in-depth product knowledge, perform demonstrations, and answer customer questions and objections, selling through customer education and a value-based approach and engaging sales management as needed.
- Host presentations, participate in networking events, and attend trade shows as requested or desired.
- Work closely with sales management to achieve and maintain business growth, regularly communicating the status of all active and pending accounts, customer purchasing behaviors, and opportunities for expansion.
- Provide weekly, monthly, or quarterly reporting as requested by sales management to demonstrate pipeline, sales trending, forecasting, and projections.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- No less than three and preferably five or more years of experience calling on industrial, commercial and municipal customers, where business and personal relationships have been successfully developed with face-to-face buyers.
- Knowledge of and experience in selling any or all of the following product groups: maintenance chemicals, lubricants, hardware, or safety products.
- A documented, numerical increase in sales and earnings during the three or more years of selling, proving an ability to create growth within the Company.
- A clear affinity for TEAMWORK and – while able to work independently – a desire to work in concert with others who have complementary skill sets.
- Willingness to have a member or members of the Widespread team accompany applicant during a current workday to observe and qualify their skills as a “prior-to-hire” part of the interviewing process.
Interested? Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Widespread, please email us. EOE/F/M/Vet/Disabled.